This privacy notice is for this website. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
"I" or "The Website" refers to Jill Amy Rosenblatt and jillamyrosenblatt.com
"you", "the user" refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you a) provide your email address for the purpose of receiving the newsletter, or b) buy a book (digital or physical book) through a link on this website.
2. Your information is processed in the following ways: To keep you updated through the newsletter with news about my books or to provide you the books you ordered (digital or physical copies).
3. We will continue to process your information until you unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Processing of Information
1. We process your information in the following ways: data (email address) is stored for the purpose of newsletter distribution. Name and email address provided in the order form through simplegoods.com is used in order to provide the digital file(s) you ordered. Name and address provided in the order form through jotforms.com are used to mail copies of physical books ordered.
2. Digital File Purchase and Download through Simple Goods: Digital files are hosted by Simple Goods.
Payment processing for digital files ordered through Simple Goods is processed through Stripe.
3. Ordering paperback copies: orders for paperback copies are entered through Jotform. Payment for books is processed by PayPal.
3. Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device; please see your web browser options.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage hosted and managed by Authors Guild sitebuilder software.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above. Any email newsletter messages we send are done so using the Authors Guild software.
You can opt out of receiving newsletters or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
• Contact us at email@example.com
UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019