The Fixer Update: Book #4, Black Friday, and Baby Yoda
November 30, 2019
Greetings Fellow Bibliophiles!
A big hello to everyone - I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Welcome to the new subscribers, thank you so much for signing up, I'm happy to have you all with me on this crazy, wonderful writing journey.
I know you're busy so let's get on to this lightning round of updates. Stick with me to the end, I have a special offer that you get to see first. Away we go!
1. Disney +, where have you been all my life?: I finally hooked up Disney + over the holiday weekend (don't ask - tech savvy I am not. Picture a 30 foot cable strung from the Roku box in the living room to the router in the bedroom - yup, you get the idea). I have thoughts:
The Mandalorian: That's a big yes. Loved it. Hooked. Completely. Question: when does the helmet come off? And if the helmet has heretofore never come off, when it does ('cause you know it has to), how much facial moisturizer will be needed?
- Baby Yoda: Oh - My - God. The adorableness I never knew I needed. No Baby Yoda doll? Seriously?
2. From the Reading Pile: Eve Babitz is back in a big way and if you've never heard of her, I highly recommend a Google search. I read L.A. Woman in one sitting. A fascinating novel of a twenty-something young lady but it's L.A. that's the star of this story. Babitz has a smooth, intoxicating prose. You find yourself falling into this book, happily surrendering to its spell.
What's on your bookshelf? I love book recommendations, get in touch and let me know!
3. Update on Book 4 - The Fixer: The Good Criminal: the writing has started. Last time, I took a break between books two and three, but this time my characters didn't even want to sit on the bench and catch their breath. I'll be sharing more in upcoming newsletters about settings, shoes, and Chanel as I search for the right NYC locations for Katerina, and the right look. As Gertie would say, "Darling, a girl always makes time to be fashionable."
Questions about Katerina? I love to hear from readers! Visit the contact page and drop me a line.
4. Did Someone Say Cyber Monday? As I right this, Black Friday has come and gone and I hope you all survived! But Cyber Monday is right around the corner and I've got something special I want you to see first. I've put together an ebook bundle of the first three books of The Fixer series, The Naked Man, The Killing Kind, and The Last Romanov, in one file. The bundle is available in EPUB, mobi, and pdf formats and is available direct for $11.99. That's a 25% discount off the total price of the books if each sold separately.
This is not available at retailers, only direct through my website and social media. I'm listing the links below before they post anywhere else!
I wish everyone a very happy and healthy start to the holiday season. More to come next time: book reccs, writing tips, and, of course, pop culture!